December 7, 2014
or many dog and cat owners, pet odor removal from carpets is an unfortunate fact of life. Puppies and kittens have a tendency to mess up flooring quite a bit before they are properly trained, and by the time they’re going outside or in the litter box, the floor may resemble a warzone. There are, however, a few ways a homeowner can wipe out the smells and stains that animals leave behind. In some cases, a professional may be needed to handle a particularly difficult and soiled situation. Pristine Carpet Cleaning Killeen Tx.
The first thing to do when attempting pet odor removal is to locate the problem area on the carpet. This is often easier said than done, as dark flooring can make the area practically invisible. If finding the spot is too hard to do with the naked eye, illuminate the area with a black light. This type of bulb will highlight areas where Fluffy or Spot have been doing their business and will make give a starting spot when it comes to tackling the problem. Another way to track down soiled spots is to watch how other animals track through the home. If there are multiple dogs or cats in the house, they will stop and thoroughly investigate and sniff any area where other animals have evacuated. Cleaning these spots thoroughly can mitigate the problem. Pristine Carpet Cleaning Killeen Tx.
It’s important to fix the issue as soon as it is detected, for a couple of reasons. Animals have a tendency to use the bathroom where they detect the scent of urine or feces, so the problem could snowball and training the pup or kitten will be that much more difficult. Pet odor removal must also be done immediately because if the soiled patch of carpet is allowed to sit for too long, it will require more dramatic methods to get rid of it. If the animals are allowed to soil the flooring for weeks at a time, and the fabric is not cleaned thoroughly every time, the carpet may need to be replaced, which is significantly more expensive and obnoxious than dealing with the issue in the first place. Pristine Carpet Cleaning Klilleen Tx.
The best way to approach pet odor removal is to clean from the outside of the stain in. Starting from the center may push the stain out further and deeper into the flooring. Scrub inward with a bristle brush and paper towels. Use the paper towels to absorb liquid, and don’t scrub with them, as they may tear and get intertwined with carpet fibers. Pristine Car
Natural pet odor removal substances include vinegar, baking soda, rubbing alcohol, lemon or club soda. Rubbing alcohol can be applied directly to the area and blotted up once it sits for a few minutes. Vinegar, baking soda or lemon juice mixed with water can also be applied this way. If the problem is more widespread or doesn’t respond to these gentle methods, consider purchasing an enzyme solution from the pet store. These solutions digest the proteins found in dog and cat urine and fecal matter.
Having your carpets professionally cleaned is seen as a burden by most homeowners when it ought to be looked at a necessary, regular maintenance task. Not only does employing a carpet shampooer such as Pristine Carpet Cleaning LLC in Killeen Tx once a year as a maintenance priority make your carpets look pretty, it comes with a long list of other valuable benefits as well. Pristine Carpet Cleaning Killeen.
Extend the Life of Your Carpets
Remember, a carpet cleaning doesn’t just improve the appearance of your carpets, it drastically extends their life as well. All that dirt and grime doesn’t just look bad, it wears and tears at your carpet fibers over the years. Furthermore, the more it works its way into your carpet, the more damage it’s going to do. By scheduling a carpet cleaning once a year, you can rest easy that damaging dirt and debris buildup will be kept to a minimum. In fact, many new carpet manufacturers require regular cleanings if you want your warranty to remain valid. They’ve caught on as well. The cleaner your carpet stays, the less they’ll have to pay out for carpeting that doesn’t live up their bidding. Pristine Carpet Cleaning LLC Killeen.
Improve the Health of Your Family.
The other often overlooked aspect of regularly calling in a carpet shampooer is the hidden health benefits. 90% of the dust in your home is shedded human skin, and parasites like dust mites live in paradise in a home that neglects picking up their primary food source. Other pests, such as bed bugs and fleas also have a harder time taking root in the face of regular visits by a carpet shampooer. Besides that, carpet cleanings are integral to keeping up the proper ventilation in your home. Much of that ventilation occurs through air circulating through the base of your walls, and a dirty carpet seriously impedes that important flow. Regular, deep cleanings keep those avenues open and can make a big difference if you or a family member suffers from allergies or is inflicted with asthma. Carpet cleaning Killeen Tx professional carpet cleaning service. www.pristinehomecarpet.com
How to clean carpeted areas and upholstery in Bell county
For “new” stains (those that are still wet):
- Soak up as much of the urine as possible with a combination of newspaper and paper towels. The more fresh urine you can remove before it dries, especially from carpet, the easier it will be to remove the odor. Place a thick layer of paper towels on the wet spot, and cover that with a thick layer of newspaper. If possible, put newspaper under the soiled area as well. Stand on this padding for about a minute. Remove the padding, and repeat the process until the area is barely damp.
- If possible, put the fresh, urine-soaked paper towel in the area where it belongs—your cat’s litter box or your dog’s designated outdoor “bathroom area.” This will help remind your pet that eliminating isn’t a “bad” behavior as long as it’s done in the right place.
- Rinse the “accident zone” thoroughly with clean, cool water. After rinsing, remove as much of the water as possible by blotting or by using a wet vac.
For stains that have already set:
- Consider renting an extractor or wet vac to remove all traces of heavy stains in carpeting (get one from a local hardware store). This machine works much like a vacuum cleaner and is efficient and economical. Extracting/wet vac machines do the best job of forcing clean water through your carpet and then forcing the dirty water back out. When you use these machines or cleaners, carefully follow the instructions. Don’t use any chemicals with these machines; they work much better with plain water.
- Use a high-quality pet odor neutralizer once the area is really clean (available at pet supply stores). Be sure to read and follow the cleaner’s directions for use, including testing the cleaner on a small, hidden portion of fabric first to be sure it doesn’t stain.
- Try any good carpet stain remover if the area still looks stained after it’s completely dry from extracting and neutralizing.
- Avoid using steam cleanersto clean urine odors from carpet or upholstery. The heat will permanently set the stain and the odor by bonding the protein into any man-made fibers.
- Avoid using cleaning chemicals, especially those with strong odors such as ammonia or vinegar. From your pet’s perspective, these don’t effectively eliminate or cover the urine odor and may actually encourage your pet to reinforce the urine scent mark in that area.
- Neutralizing cleaners won’t work until you’ve rinsed every trace of the old cleaner from the carpet if you’ve previously used cleaners or chemicals of any kind on the area. Even if you haven’t used chemicals recently, any trace of a non-protein-based substance will weaken the effect of the enzymatic cleaner. The cleaner will use up its “energy” on the old cleaners, instead of on the protein stains you want removed.
- Your job will be more difficult if urine has soaked down into the padding underneath your carpet. In some cases, you may need to take the drastic step of removing and replacing that portion of the carpet and padding.
- Pristine carpet cleaning LLC is a full service home cleaning company. We offer house keeping as well, our specialty is carpet cleaning. We have fast turn around times for your property. Call 254-289-9767 today to schedule your carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, or house cleaning appointment and we will extract all of the dirt and allergens out of your home. Visit www.pristinehomecarpet.com
If a business wants to look professional, it needs professionals to keep everything pristine, and this is where commercial carpet cleaning services come in. While they share many techniques with their residential counterparts, an outfit that specifically targets companies has to approach the sanitizing process a little differently. Pristine carpet cleaning Killeen Tx www.pristinehomecarpet.com
In most cases, when a residential service is called out to a property, it’s a one-time thing. The workers get in, take care of the floors that need help and head out. There’s a little more to it with a commercial carpet cleaning service, as these businesses focus on maintenance. This maintenance is required, because the fabrics found in professional settings usually handle much more foot traffic than residential floors. This increased foot traffic soils the fabric quickly, and regular intervention is needed to keep things from getting unhealthy.
While a sanitizing company may inspect a home’s fabrics before getting started, it is pretty much standard operating procedure with a commercial carpet cleaning outfit. Floorings found in professional settings are often better at hiding soiled areas, and because there is more room to cover, it’s not always clear where the highest traffic zones are located. A thorough check will spot what areas need the most help. These problem zones are usually around entryways, bottlenecks and doorways. Pristine carpet cleaning Killeen handles all of those high traffic areas.
Once a detailed layout of the building is put together, and the points of concern are flagged, the maintenance can begin. This can be broken down into three schedules of treatment: preventative, daily and intermittent. This detailed plan is not something that’s usually done for houses or apartments, as these buildings don’t bring in as much debris and sediment.
Pristine Carpet Cleaning LLC, P.O Box 11503, Killeen, TX 76547 | Call: 254-289-9767
We Serve: Killeen, Bell County, Temple, Harker Heights, Nolanville, Copperas Cove, Troy, Salado, Kempner, Belton